YouTube removed the ability to access the “Old Embed Code” for your uploaded YouTube videos some time ago. As you may be aware, eBay does not accept the embed code YouTube now provides. In an effort to make the process of adding your YouTube videos to your Auction123 Dashboard easier so they will appear in your eBay listings, we’ve modified the process. You will no longer need to utilize a 3rd party embed code converter to implement your YouTube videos. Simply grab the YouTube ID for your video, or copy the direct link to your YouTube video, and paste it within the YouTube ID section located in the “Edit Third Party Video” screen of the Dashboard. Your YouTube video will now be associated with your vehicle and ready to list to eBay without any extra effort.
Adding your YouTube Video to the Auction123 Dashboard:
- Navigate to the YouTube video you would like to associate with a unit in your Dashboard.
- Locate the YouTube ID in your URL. This is the text within the URL that appears after the equals (=) sign. Another option is to copy the entire URL. The Auction123 system will automatically seek and extract the YouTube ID from the URL.
- Navigate to the unit in the Auction123 Dashboard you would like to associate with the YouTube video.
- Click on “Edit Third Party Video” within the Actions for this Item or Actions for this Listing menus.
- Paste the video ID or the entire URL into the field titled YouTube ID and click Save. If you paste the entire URL, the Auction123 system will automatically seek and extract the YouTube ID from the URL.
- Your video is now associated with the selected unit and will be in the acceptable format for posting to eBay. Be sure your eBay Template includes the video module so your newly added video will display in your listing. To confirm, navigate to the Preferences section within the left-hand navigation menu and click on Template. Confirm the Video module appears within your default template, or if you’ve saved specific templates for eBay and Local Market, confirm the module is included within those layouts.
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Call: (888) 514-0123, Option2