As of June 1st, Your Auction123 eBay Listing Template will be Fully Compliant with eBay’s New Policy to Remove “Active Content”
Our development and design teams have reformatted the Auction123 templates to accommodate this new policy by making trivial changes to the existing add-on widgets in the template editor, resulting in a minimal impact on your current layout. These changes occurred in the Shipping, embedded Video, Image Viewer, and Similar Vehicles widgets.
You do not need to do anything regarding this change. The Auction123 system will automatically convert your template over to the new compliant code on June 1, 2017. You will likely not see any difference in your layout or presentation. Should you have any questions regarding these changes, please feel free to contact Customer Support at (888) 514-0123, Option 2 or email Support@Auction123.com.
Thank you for being a valued Auction123 customer. We look forward to continuing to provide you with the best tools available for listing and managing your eBay and Craigslist postings.
We’ve added a new feature to the template editor which allows you to edit how your vehicle images display in your Auction123 template. With this enhancement, you can add multiple Image Viewers to your template and set which image, or group of images, will display in each Viewer. This provides the opportunity to insert descriptions, marketing graphics, eBusiness cards, or Auction123 widgets between your images, offering even more ways to customize the look and feel of your Auction123 template.
Editing Your Template:
Access the template editor by clicking “Template” under the Preference section in the left-hand navigation menu.
To get started, be sure your image Viewer is set to the Full image layout. This feature is not available if your template is using the Paged or Thumbnail image layout. To switch to the Full image layout, hover your mouse over the Image Viewer and click the pencil icon in the upper right-hand corner to select the Full option. If your template is already set to the Full image layout, click the edit pencil to open the Image Viewer editor.
From this edit screen, you can select which image or set of images you would like to display in this section of the template. Once set, continue adding the Image Viewer throughout your template, setting which group of images should display within each widget until you are finished. If your vehicles vary in the number of images they have, be sure to set one of the Image Viewers to display up to image 300. This will ensure all images will be shown within the template.
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Call: (888) 514-0123, Option 2
YouTube removed the ability to access the “Old Embed Code” for your uploaded YouTube videos some time ago. As you may be aware, eBay does not accept the embed code YouTube now provides. In an effort to make the process of adding your YouTube videos to your Auction123 Dashboard easier so they will appear in your eBay listings, we’ve modified the process. You will no longer need to utilize a 3rd party embed code converter to implement your YouTube videos. Simply grab the YouTube ID for your video, or copy the direct link to your YouTube video, and paste it within the YouTube ID section located in the “Edit Third Party Video” screen of the Dashboard. Your YouTube video will now be associated with your vehicle and ready to list to eBay without any extra effort.
Adding your YouTube Video to the Auction123 Dashboard:
- Navigate to the YouTube video you would like to associate with a unit in your Dashboard.
- Locate the YouTube ID in your URL. This is the text within the URL that appears after the equals (=) sign. Another option is to copy the entire URL. The Auction123 system will automatically seek and extract the YouTube ID from the URL.
- Navigate to the unit in the Auction123 Dashboard you would like to associate with the YouTube video.
- Click on “Edit Third Party Video” within the Actions for this Item or Actions for this Listing menus.
- Paste the video ID or the entire URL into the field titled YouTube ID and click Save. If you paste the entire URL, the Auction123 system will automatically seek and extract the YouTube ID from the URL.
- Your video is now associated with the selected unit and will be in the acceptable format for posting to eBay. Be sure your eBay Template includes the video module so your newly added video will display in your listing. To confirm, navigate to the Preferences section within the left-hand navigation menu and click on Template. Confirm the Video module appears within your default template, or if you’ve saved specific templates for eBay and Local Market, confirm the module is included within those layouts.
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Call: (888) 514-0123, Option2
Your Auction123 eBay templates and Inventory templates now include a module for your shoppers to obtain an instant shipping quote from Montway Auto Transport, one of the largest and most reliable vehicle shippers in the United States.
Your Montway Auto Transport instant shipping quote can be moved throughout your listing. Once you find the perfect spot, simply click Save Layout as Default for your eBay and inventory templates. If you wish to remove the module, click the X on the graphic while in the template editor. If the module is not currently enabled in your template, enter the editor by clicking Preview and Edit or Review and Launch to open the template editor. You will see the Montway Shipping selection available on the left-hand side of the template editor in the Listing Controls menu. Click Add and move the module to where you want your customers to obtain their instant quote. Click Save Layout As Default.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Support at (888) 514-0123, Option 2 or via email at Support@Auction123.com
To learn more about Montway Auto Transport, visit their website at http://www.montway.com/